Avon Water (Hampshire), Bartley Water, Beaulieu River, Bourne Rivulet, Candover Brook, Cove Brook, Dark Water (River), Lymington
Author: Source Wikipedia
View: 3964Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Pages: 27. Chapters: Avon Water (Hampshire), Bartley Water, Beaulieu River, Bourne Rivulet, Candover Brook, Cove Brook, Dark Water (river), Lymington River, Monks Brook, Oakhanger Stream, River Anton, River Arle, River Avon (Hampshire), River Blackwater (River Loddon), River Blackwater (River Test), River Dever, River Dun (River Test), River Ems (Chichester Harbour), River Hamble, River Itchen, Hampshire, River Meon, River Rother, West Sussex, River Wallington, River Wey, River Whitewater, West End Brook. Excerpt: River Loddon - a: lang(ar), a: lang(ckb), a: lang(fa), a: lang(kk-arab), a: lang(mzn), a: lang(ps), a: lang(ur)/* cache key: enwiki: resourceloader: filter: minify-css:7: d11e4771671c2d6cdedf7c90d8131cd5 */ The weir and sluice at Longbridge Mill were refurbished in 2006.Records show that milling was taking place near Sherfield on Loddon in 1274, when the miller was called John. There is also reference to a water mill in 1316, and a document recording holdings passed to the Manor in 1601 listed two water mills, a fulling mill and another mill. By 1819, there were two water wheels at the Longbridge mill, which powered four pairs of grinding wheels. By the end of the Second World War, the mill was producing animal feed, and continued to use water power until 1950. Commercial operation of the mill ceased in 1977, and it was damaged by fire in 1991. Restoration of the damaged building began soon afterwards, and was completed in 1997. Since then the mill has been operated on an occasional basis by the Hampshire Mills Group, and is used to grind flour on open days. The building dates from the seventeenth and early nineteenth centuries, and is a listed building. The mill at Stanfordend, to the north of Stratfield Saye Park, has been disused since the 1930s. Power was generated by the use of three turbines, rather than a water wheel.